The Mukwege Foundation is committed to protecting the confidentiality and security of the information we obtain from you.
The Dr. Denis Mukwege Foundation (‘Mukwege Foundation’) is a non-governmental organization registered in the Netherlands and Switzerland. We are committed to complying with the Swiss Federal Act on Data Protection and the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
This privacy and data protection policy explains how we safeguard your information, how we collect it and how we use it.
- This policy applies to all personal data processed by the Mukwege Foundation.
- The Operations Manager is responsible for the Mukwege Foundation’s ongoing compliance with this policy.
- You can sign up to our mailing list on the website and your consent will be requested before any personal data is collected and processed. We shall keep evidence of the consent to process your data. If you register and subsequently change your mind, you may opt out by clicking on the ‘unsubscribe’ link at the end of every newsletter you receive from us, or by sending an email to email@example.com.
- We don’t collect more data than necessary. We use the information to send you our news, such as updates on the work we do, press releases and invitations to events. The data we collect includes information such as your name, email address and, in case you make a donation, your banking information.
- You can make a request for a copy of the information that we process and request modification. Such requests can be made by emailing to firstname.lastname@example.org and shall be dealt with in a timely manner.
- By signing up or making a donation online, you authorize us to disclose your data to third party service providers such as MailChimp for the newsletter and Mollie for online donations. This is necessary so we are able to send you our newsletter and process the payment. Mollie provides a secure and encrypted payment gateway (Level 1 PCI DSS) and stores all sensitive data on Dutch servers. Mollie is PCI DSS (Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard) compliant and maintains regular, independent security audits. Third party services we use are required to keep your data confidential.
- The Mukwege Foundation shall ensure that personal data is stored securely and that access to personal data is strictly limited to staff members who need to access them.
- We use pixels by Google Analytics, Google Adwords and Facebook in order to analyse user activity and optimize our website. The information collected by these services may include your location, the content you view and the date and time. The collected data does, however, not identify you directly or personally.
- This privacy and data protection policy may change in the future. We will inform you about any modifications beforehand.
- Questions and complaints can be addressed to email@example.com.
Last updated: 23 May 2018