Vacancy: Project Controller/Financial Administrator max. 4 days per week
Position: Project Controller/Financial Administrator
Location: The Hague
Reporting to: Head of Operations
Period: Starting a.s.a.p. We offer a one-year contract, with the possibility to extend
This is an excellent opportunity for candidates with experience in financial administration in NGOs to work for an international human rights organization in The Hague. As a small but growing organisation, we are looking for a flexible candidate who can manage our daily financial administration, help report to our donors and assist our Head of Operations in further developing internal financial procedures and reporting formats.
The applicant we are looking for will have at least 5-10 years of relevant experience, is accurate, has a hands-on approach, and strong inter-cultural communications skills. He/she is a real team player, has a sincere interest in the topic of human and women’s rights and is keen to work in the non-profit sector.
The Dr. Denis Mukwege Foundation is an international human rights organisation working together with survivors of conflict-related sexual violence from around the world. Drawing attention to the most shameful crimes committed during conflicts, the Foundation envisions a world in which sexual violence as a weapon of war is no longer tolerated. Together with its special adviser, the Congolese gynaecologist and women’s rights activist Dr Denis Mukwege, the Foundation works for a future where survivors worldwide receive the holistic care they need and obtain reparations; where they have the freedom to speak out and organise globally to end wartime sexual violence.
We are a young, but growing international organisation doing our financial administration in Exact Online. We are looking for a driven, passionate and highly accurate financial professional, for a part-time position (max. 4 days per week), for an initial period of one year (with the possibility to extend).
For this role we envisage an all-round financial person with at least 5-10 years of experience in a comparable international (preferably NGO) setting. Experience with a project- based administration and financial reporting to donors will be considered a strong advantage. You will be responsible for all daily financial administrative tasks and assist the Head of Operations with financial reporting to management and donors. You will be key in the process of coding and obtaining approvals on invoices, and the processing of payments through Elvy. Furthermore, your role will be to advise project managers in the process of managing budgets and financial reporting to donors. In case of over- or underspending, you will propose and discuss solutions with the Head of Operations.
- Manage the day-to-day financial administration in Exact online and Elvy
- Oversee the processing of all outgoing and incoming invoices
- Check and process cash reimbursements and expense reports
- Check and process bank and credit card transactions
- Prepare payment batches
- Assist in developing project budgets for tenders and grant applications
- Prepare regular financial project reporting to donors
- Assist with 4M, 8M and 12M reporting to management and Board
- Advise on (further optimizing of) financial procedures
- Work with our external accountant to prepare our annual accounts
- Assist during the auditing processes of annual accounts
Required Qualifications, Skills and Competencies
- Relevant educational background in finance/accounting;
- Strong experience with Exact Online and preferably Elvy;
- Fluency in English (Dutch and any additional languages, especially French, are a plus)
- Hands-on attitude, proactive mindset;
- Analytical skills, logical reasoning and accuracy;
- Good interpersonal and communication skills;
- Experience in a similar role in an international NGO is a strong plus;
- You always maintain high standards of integrity and confidentiality.
How to apply
Please send your cover letter and CV, no later than August 16th, 2020 to Brynn Campbell, Office Manager at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Start date: as soon as possible. Interviews will be conducted in the weeks of 17 and 24 August.
Applications are considered on a rolling basis. It will not be possible to obtain a work permit for this position. All candidates must be fully eligible to work in The Netherlands. This means that non-EU nationals must already have permission to stay and work in The Netherlands.