Immediate Opening: Communications Internship, small stipend provided
Communications + Marketing Internship
About us: The Dr. Denis Mukwege Foundation is a global NGO based in The Hague aimed at eliminating rape as a weapon of war. We develop strategies to fight sexual violence in conflict worldwide and support projects for survivors. 2018 Nobel Peace Prize Laureate, Dr. Mukwege is a distinguished gynaecologist and international women’s rights activist specialised in the treatment of rape victims.
We are immediately looking for an intern who is a native French speaker and is passionate about human rights. You will play an integral role in two upcoming campaigns, as well as gain experience in professional social media and website management, video editing, design and writing. During the current public health situation, this role will commence as a work from home position. You must have a computer and good internet connection in order to be considered for the position. If the candidate is located in the Netherlands, it could be possible to transition to an in-person role.
This is a competitive position: we are looking for a creative and ambitious communications intern for a part-time internship for a maximum period of 6 months. Small stipend of 20 Euros per day provided.
- Implement social media communications, creating stories, images and text based on the Social Media plan
- Aid in the creation of press releases
- Implementing email campaigns
- Digital marketing and grass roots advocacy
- Assist the team as necessary, for example as in carrying out administrative tasks
- Asset management including photo and video curating and assistant video editing
Experience and skills:
- High degree of personal integrity
- Expert knowledge and enjoyment of social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn)
- Strong writing skills in French, English proficiency
- Sincere interest in the topic of human rights, humanitarian efforts and the non-profit sector
- Flexibility, independence, reliability and commitment to the goals of the foundation
- WordPress, Google Analytics, graphic design and/or video editing skills are a plus
How to apply:
Job posting expires on April 17th. Applications are considered on a rolling basis and we reserve the right to fill the position before the expiration of the deadline.
Please send your cover letter, your CV to Raegan Hodge: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dr. Denis Mukwege Foundation
Laan van Meerdervoort 70 | 2517 The Hague | The Netherlands