Title: Project Controller/Financial Administrator – 4d per week
Reporting to: Head of Operations
Period: Starting a.s.a.p. We offer a one-year contract, with the possibility to extend
This is an excellent opportunity for candidates with experience in financial administration in NGOs to work for an international human rights organization in The Hague. As a small but growing organisation, we are looking for a flexible candidate who can manage our daily financial administration, help report to our donors and assist our Head of Operations in further developing internal financial procedures and reporting formats.
The applicant we are looking for will have at least 5 years of relevant experience, is accurate, has a hands-on approach, and strong inter-cultural communications skills. He/ she is a real team player, has a sincere interest in the topic of human and women’s rights and is keen to work in the non-profit sector.
The Dr. Denis Mukwege Foundation is an international human rights organization, dedicated to ending rape as a weapon of war globally. We work side by side with survivors to create a world in which rape as a weapon of war is no longer tolerated. Together with the Congolese gynaecologist, women’s rights activist and Nobel prize laureate Dr Denis Mukwege, we work for a future where survivors receive the holistic care they need and have the right to claim reparations; where they have the freedom to speak out and the ability to mobilise globally to end wartime sexual violence. See also www.mukwegefoundation.org.
We are a young, growing international organisation and have just migrated our financial administration into Exact Online. Therefore, we are looking for a driven, passionate and accurate financial professional, for a part-time position (4 days per week), for an initial period of one year (with the possibility to extend).
For this role we envisage an all-round financial person with at least 5 years of experience in a comparable international (preferably NGO) setting. Experience with a project- based administration and financial reporting to donors will be considered a strong advantage. You will be responsible for all daily financial administrative tasks and assist the Head of Operations with financial reporting to management and donors. Our office manager will assist you in the process of coding and obtaining approvals on invoices before payments are processed.
• Manage the day-to-day (financial) administration in Exact online
• Oversee the processing of all outgoing and incoming invoices
• Check and process cash reimbursements and expense reports
• Check bank and credit card transactions
• Prepare payment batches
• Assist in developing project budgets for tenders and grant applications
• Prepare regular financial project reporting to donors
• Assist with quarterly reporting to management
• Advise on (further optimizing of) financial procedures
• Work with our external accountant to prepare our annual accounts
• Assist during the auditing processes of annual accounts
Required Qualifications, Skills and Competencies
• Relevant educational background in finance/accounting;
• Experience with Exact Online;
• Fluency in English (Dutch and any additional languages, especially French, are a plus)
• Hands-on attitude, proactive mindset;
• Analytical skills, logical reasoning and accuracy;
• Good interpersonal and communication skills;
• Experience in a similar role in an international NGO is a strong plus;
• You always maintain high standards of integrity and confidentiality.
Please send your cover letter and CV, no later than September 5th, 2019 to Debby Gruiters, Head of Operations at: email@example.com.
Start date: as soon as possible.
Applications are considered on a rolling basis. It will not be possible to obtain a work permit for this position. All candidates must be fully eligible to work in The Netherlands. This means that non-EU nationals must already have permission to stay and work in The Netherlands.
Due to the high volume of applications we expect to receive, we regret that only those invited for an interview will be contacted (at a rolling basis, but at the latest in the week of September 9th).