Communications Intern Job Posting
Communications + Marketing Internship
The Dr. Denis Mukwege Foundation is a global NGO based in The Hague aimed at eliminating rape as a weapon of war. We develop strategies to fight sexual violence in conflicts worldwide and support projects for survivors. 2018 Nobel Peace Prize Laureate, Dr. Mukwege is a distinguished gynaecologist and international women’s rights activist specialised in the treatment of rape victims.
This is a competitive position: we are looking for a creative and ambitious communications intern in The Hague for a part-time internship (2-3 days per week) for a maximum period of 6 months. Small stipend provided.
- Implement social media communications, creating stories, images and text based on the SM plan
- Receiving and responding to press requests
- Implementing email campaigns
- Digital marketing and grass roots advocacy
- Assist the team as necessary, for example in organizing events or carrying out administrative tasks
- Asset management including photo and video curating and assistant video editing
Experience and skills:
- High degree of personal integrity
- Expert knowledge and enjoyment of social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn)
- Strong writing skills in English and French
- Sincere interest in the topic of human rights, sexual violence and the non-profit sector
- Flexibility, independence, reliability and commitment to the goals of the foundation
- WordPress, Google Analytics, graphic design and/or video editing skills are a plus
How to apply:
Starting date: September 2019 (flexible)
Deadline for applications: 05 September 2019. Applications are considered on a rolling basis and we reserve the right to fill the position before the expiration of the deadline.
Please send your cover letter, your CV, and links to your own social media presence to Raegan Hodge: email@example.com.
Dr. Denis Mukwege Foundation
Laan van Meerdervoort 70 | 2517 The Hague | The Netherlands