Vacancy: Communications & Social Media Internship
The Dr. Denis Mukwege Foundation is an international human rights organisation with offices in The Hague and Geneva, set up in 2016 with the objective to end the use of rape as a weapon of war. We develop strategies to fight sexual violence in conflicts worldwide and support projects for survivors. Dr Mukwege is a distinguished international women’s rights activist, specialised in the treatment of rape victims.
As a young organisation which is rapidly expanding, we aim to reach and engage people worldwide with our communications. We are looking for a creative and committed communications student/recent graduate in The Hague for a part-time, unpaid internship (3-4 days per week) for a maximum period of 6 months.
- Develop content for social media and online communications, including writing blogs, creating info-graphics and designing newsletters
- Conduct desk research on topics related to sexual violence in conflicts
- Conduct data analysis of our online campaigns to help us target our messages effectively
- Help us to set up campaigns to raise awareness and mobilise the public for our cause
- Assist the team as necessary, for example in handling general enquiries, organising events or carrying out administrative tasks
- Pursuing a relevant university degree (for example communications or marketing)
- Sound knowledge of social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram) and online communications
- Strong writing skills in English (French and/or Dutch are a plus)
- Sincere interest in the topic of human and women’s rights, sexual violence and the non-profit sector
- Flexibility, independence, reliability and commitment to the goals of the Foundation
- Experience of using WordPress, Google Analytics, graphic design and video editing skills are a plus
What we offer
You will work with a small, enthusiastic team of colleagues from different parts of the world. While getting first-hand experience in developing and managing (online) campaigns and reaching people worldwide, you have the opportunity to make a real contribution to end one of the cruelest practices of warfare.
You will have the space to develop and try your own ideas and be involved in various aspects of the communication work of an international NGO.
We offer a daily stipend to cover travel costs and other expenses.
How to apply
Please send your cover letter, your CV, and links to your own social media presence no later than 4 March 2019 to Siobhan Richards: firstname.lastname@example.org
Start date: as soon as possible
Applications are considered on a rolling basis. Foreign nationals need permission to stay and work in the Netherlands.