Vacancy: Events and Project Management internship
The Dr. Denis Mukwege Foundation is an international human rights organisation with offices in The Hague and Geneva, set up with the objective to end the use of rape as a weapon of war. We develop strategies to fight sexual violence in conflicts worldwide and support projects for survivors. We work closely together with Dr Denis Mukwege, a Congolese gynecologist specialized in the treatment of rape victims in DRC, who has become a distinguished international women’s rights activist.
We have helped to launch a global network of survivors around the world. Its members are engaged in a number of activities in order to break the silence, document the past and advocate for their rights. The intern will assist the program officer working on this project, primarily on tasks related to facilitating the development of the network.
We are looking for a dedicated, creative Events and Project Management intern with strong organizational skills in The Hague (part-time, unpaid internship for 2-3 days per week, for a maximum period of 6 months).
- Assist in the organization of an annual global survivor retreat in the Hague with approximately 30 participants
- Provide support to the project officer on the different survivor-led initiatives
- Conduct research on country information
- Assist in managing projects
- Assist the team as necessary, for example by helping with communications, fundraising and small research activities
Experience and skills:
- Strong writing skills in English (French and/or Dutch are a plus)
- Strong organizational skills
- Sincere interest in the topic of human and women’s rights, sexual violence and the non-profit sector
- Flexibility, independence, reliability and commitment to the goals of the foundation
What we offer:
You will work with a small, enthusiastic team of colleagues from different parts of the world while getting first-hand experience in advocacy, conflict-related sexual violence and women’s empowerment. We offer a daily stipend to cover travel costs and other expenses.
How to apply:
Deadline for applications: 10 June 2018. Early applications are encouraged. We reserve the right to consider applications on a rolling basis before the deadline.
Start date of the internship: 1 July 2018
Foreign nationals need the permission to stay and work in the Netherlands.
Please send your motivation letter and CV to Benjamin Duerr: firstname.lastname@example.org.