Join us for the event “Ensuring the rights to Truth, Justice and Reparations for survivors of sexual violence in armed conflict,” taking place during the 38th session of the Human Rights Council in Geneva.
Tuesday 19 June
Room V (Building A) at the Palais des Nations in Geneva
The Korean Council for the Women Drafted for Military Sexual Slavery by Japan, together with the Foundation for Justice & Remembrance for the Issue of Military Sexual Slavery by Japan and the Dr. Denis Mukwege Foundation invite you to join a unique event, bringing together survivors of sexual violence in armed conflict from all over the world.
Survivors from the Democratic Republic of Congo, Iraq, Kosovo, Guinea, South Korea and the Philippines will share their experiences in calling for justice.
Beginning with the 1st Kim Bok-dong Peace Prize award ceremony, this event will highlight the importance of survivor solidarity and their participation in the campaign for change.
– Dr. Denis Mukwege, gynaecologist, Sakharov Laureate, Founder and Medical Director of Panzi Hospital and Foundation, and international advocate against rape as a weapon of war
– Youn Mee-Hyang, Co-Representative of the Korean Council for the Women Drafted for Military Sexual Slavery by Japan
– Kim, Bok-dong, Korea, Japanese Military Sexual Slavery survivor
– Estelita Dy, the Philippines, Japanese Military Sexual Slavery survivor
– Fareeda Khalaf, Yazidi survivor
– Vasfije Blair, survivor, Kosovo
– Oumou Barry, survivor, Guinea
– Guillaumette Tsongo, survivor, DRC
A unique art exhibition expressing survivors’ experiences will follow the panel and discussion.
IMPORTANT: In order to be able to attend the event, a UN access badge is required. If you don’t have an access badge and want to join, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.