Are you passionate about social media and human rights? Do you want to learn more and help us to use Facebook, Twitter and other channels to achieve change?
Join us as a communications and campaign intern!
The Dr. Denis Mukwege Foundation is an international human rights organisation with offices in The Hague and Geneva, set up in 2016 with the objective to end the use of rape as a weapon of war. We develop strategies to fight sexual violence in conflicts worldwide and support projects for survivors. Dr Mukwege is a distinguished international women’s rights activist specialized in the treatment of rape victims.
In order to achieve our goals, we aim at reaching and engaging people worldwide. Therefore, we are looking for a creative and ambitious communicator in The Hague for a part-time, unpaid internship (2-3 days per week) for a maximum period of 6 months.
- Develop content for social media communications, including writing blogs, creating info-graphics and designing newsletters and flyers
- Conduct desk research on topics related to sexual violence in conflicts
- Help us to set up campaigns to raise awareness and mobilize the public for our cause
- Assist the team as necessary, for example in organizing events or carrying out administrative tasks
Experience and skills:
- Pursuing a relevant university degree (for example communications or marketing)
- Sound knowledge of social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram) and online communications
- Strong writing skills in English (French and/or Dutch are a plus)
- Sincere interest in the topic of women’s rights, sexual violence and the non-profit sector
- Flexibility, independence, reliability and commitment to the goals of the foundation
- WordPress, Google Analytics, graphic design and/or video editing skills are a plus
What we offer:
You will work with a small, enthusiastic team of colleagues from different parts of the world. While getting first-hand experience in developing and managing (online) campaigns and reaching people worldwide, you have the opportunity to make a real contribution to end one of the cruelest practices of warfare.
You will have the space to develop and try own, new ideas and be involved in various aspects of the communication work of an international NGO.
How to apply:
Start date: immediately
Applications are considered on a rolling basis. Foreign nationals need the permission to stay and work in the Netherlands.
Please send your cover letter, your CV, and links to your own social media presence to Benjamin Duerr, legal and advocacy officer: email@example.com.